federal-loan.org   SUBMIT

My wife has a modest amount of federal student debt which has been in default for years. In the beginning she made some payments and stopped. In the last couple years our tax refund has been offset for this debt. However I'm unable to determine how to see the current status of the debt and history of any payments. We created an account at studentaid.ed.gov which shows the amount owed but no history of specific payments. We attempted to create an account at myeddebt.ed.gov but were unable to because my wife's data was not recognized. 1. We are trying to learn the ground-truth amount owed (principal less some voluntary payments and tax refund offsets). 2. We are also trying to pay the accurate amount in full or payments to the federal entity it's actually owed (not some third party collector), but having trouble determing how/who. I welcome any help.